Other Blogs

Seeing the Sights of London


I recently traveled to London. First, I visited Hammersmith for a meeting and when I finished I stopped for a coffee. 

Check out below what I got up to on a lovely sunny day in the city.

Read more below:


After my delightful coffee, I got back on to the underground tube and traveled to Tower Hill. There I walked along Tower Bridge and then visited St. Katherine's Dock for a spot of lunch at the Zizzi restaurant, an Italian menu. Great food too, which I enjoyed.



The Tower Bridge area was very interesting. I watched boats sailing down the river and took some pictures of the Tower of London Palace. I didn't go inside as I will be visiting on another occasion with a friend.


Photo credit: Denise James


St. Katherine's Dock is another area where many fancy boats are docked. 







The area now has offices, public and private housing, a large hotel, shops, restaurants and a pub called The Dickens Inn that dates back to the 18th century (see picture below).



St. Katherine's Pier is nearby and there it provides river transport services. The main cruise from here is operated by Crown River Cruises, which goes all the way to Westminster Millennium Pier. Most tourists visiting London seem to take this cruise.








I then went on to get some details for the Tower of London at the main entrance. Inside there are leaflets, times and prices. I was pretty tired after my long walk around Tower Bridge, so I decided to sit and watch a short film about the Tower of London (see photo below). This explains what you will see when you are inside the palace and its grounds. It's a fascinating film so I recommend you watch it before visiting the castle.



I have been to this area not long ago when I visited the Bridge Theatre to see Julius Caesar, a Shakespeare play starring David Morrissey, Michelle Fairley, David Calder and Ben Whishaw. The Bridge Theatre is an unusual theatre near the Tower Bridge and London Bridge (see photo below).


Photo credit: Denise James - The inside of the Bridge Theatre

So, my day in London was inspiring and refreshing. 



Keep checking back here at this blog Hotspot Travellers as I will visit other places, which will include going to Great Yarmouth and Pendle Hill in Lancashire ie the great historical Pendle Witch Hill along with visiting Blackpool. I also will be visiting London again when I take a ride on the London Eye. Tickets for the London Eye are priced from £27 per person.

Read my article about the Heroes Concert that I experienced.

Read my article about Buckingham Palace.

Check out my article about Lakeside Shopping Centre.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog