Other Blogs

Take a Tour of Buckingham Palace in London UK

Photo credit: courtesy of Morguefile.com (Buckingham Palace, London)

I remember, my parents taking my brothers and me to London for a day when I was around 8 years old. I have memories of visiting all kinds of places there, but the most vivid memory was of the Queen's guards near Buckingham Palace. Have you seen them? Have you ever been inside Buckingham Palace? 

Find out more below...



Seeing the guards had scared me. I was afraid of them. They looked so tall and their faces were always so mean looking. I loved the way they stood so still with their red uniforms and tall hats. I was too scared to look at their faces in case they stared back at me. I thought they were odd looking soldiers too and I think they made me feel nervous whenever I looked at them. For a child, they can be scary to look at.

Of course, during later years, my husband and I took our sons on a trip to London to see the Queen's guards and they were fascinated by them. I dreaded the whole occasion, as I found that I was still nervous around these guards. To me, they looked evil, but my boys were in awe of them.




I loved looking at Buckingham Palace when I was a child. It was like a dream come true when I peered through the gates to see what I could discover. Have you been to Buckingham Palace and looked through the gates?

What Can You See at Buckingham Palace?

Today, Buckingham Palace allows visitors to tour the inside of the Palace and its grounds. I have not been yet, but I am thinking of doing this tour in the summer when tours are available again. Prices are not cheap if you want to see everything, which includes seeing the State Rooms, The Prince of Wales Exhibition,  Buckingham Palace and the gardens. To see it all, it costs £23 per adult. Check it out here.



When Can You Visit Buckingham Palace?

You can visit Buckingham Palace between July to end of September when the Queen is away at Balmoral. A typical visit takes around 2 hours.



Has anyone else been on a tour of Buckingham Palace? What did you think of it?

Watch the Youtube video below of Buckingham Palace.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog