Other Blogs

The Blue Sea Costa Teguise Gardens in Lanzarote Was a Surprisingly Cheap and Fantastic All Inclusive Week's Holiday

I have recently had an all-inclusive holiday in Lanzarote for one week. We went there for my husband’s 50th birthday with the family and it was a superb week away.

Read more...




It was a cheap deal that we found on www.cooptravel.co.uk for the price of £325 per person going on 21st June.




We went all inclusive for the food and drink. I could not fault the food or hospitality of this hotel even though the reviews on Tripadvisor were not that great. Some people moan about trivial things I think. Of course, before we went on holiday, these reviews got me worried about what I had paid for, but to be honest, we were all pleasantly surprised at how much better everything was compared to what people were saying on Tripadvisor. So, don’t trust everything you read.


Photo credit: Denise Larkin - My eight-month-old grandson with his mum in the swimming pool at Blue Sea Costa Teguise Gardens Lanzarote.



We stayed at the Blue Sea Costa Teguise Gardens and had a two-bedroom apartment, which was spacious and clean. There isn’t any air-conditioning, but the ceiling fans in the bedroom were enough for us at night considering it was the middle of June.


The all-inclusive deal was amazing (a big surprise from what we had read on Tripadvisor). The food was delicious and there was lots of variety. The food was different every day for each lunch and dinner.


Breakfast was the best. There was so much variety. There was a variety of bread and rolls to choose from or you could have toast. English breakfast was cooked there and then on the spot because there was a cook standing behind the counter cooking fresh meat at breakfast, lunch and at dinner times.


My grandson, who is now 8 months old, loved the pancakes with chocolate syrup that was served at breakfast time. He always sat in his high chair and enjoyed eating them. It was his first holiday abroad.


Photo credit: Denise Larkin - My eight-month-old grandson and his mum in the pool in Blue Sea Costa Teguise Gardens Lanzarote


The salad bar food was different every day too, the same as the foods that were served at lunch and dinner. The one good thing that I thought was special was the delicious soup that was served during lunch and dinner. The soup was always different at lunch and dinner times. I thought it was tasty and it was always made so beautifully.







The drinks from the bar were plentiful too and you could get up as much as you like for more.  At 4 pm each day, cocktails were served, which would make us all feel tipsy. The San Miguel beer that was served was a bonus too. I had some of this at lunchtime on my first day there, as it was my birthday that day, (my birthday is two days before my husband).


During the day there was a pool bar where plastic cups were used for drinks because of safety and in the evening bar glasses were given. The entertainment at night was good on most evenings too.  


There was entertainment throughout the day too, where you could take part in playing games or trying things out like shooting, scuba diving lessons and more.  The staff was always very helpful too. The evening entertainment was interesting as well on most evenings.


The one thing I would like to point out was that on Tripadvisor people were complaining about how many Spanish elderly people were there on holiday. People were, also, moaning about it like it was a problem, but to be honest, they were all pleasant and friendly (especially when they saw my grandson, Taylor, who looks adorable at present). I don’t understand why people can moan about such silly things really, after all, it is a Spanish destination.


Another thing I want to point out is that the hotel is only a 3-star hotel and people moaned about how shabby it was, but to be honest we saw nothing wrong with the place. Perhaps, they have changed things with their way of things before we arrived and if so, then I think they have stepped up considerably.


My family and I would definitely book to go all-inclusive at Blue Sea Costa Teguise Gardens again.  It was great value for money at £325 per person all-inclusive.


I will, also, be writing about the trips I have been on whilst being in Lanzarote, so look out for those articles.

Pictures by Denise Larkin






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About My Hotspot Travellers Blog