My blog will give handy travel tips, travel reviews on excursions, restaurant reviews, hotel reviews and all kinds of holiday destinations around the world that I have personally been to and seen. I will also write about places that I have discovered in the United Kingdom, such as, castles, museums or anywhere of interest that I have explored. There will, also, be pictures on my blog of the places I have seen and experienced.
Skinny is Best Blog
-
This blog was moved from http://www.weightlossanddietlifeblog.blogspot.com
to http://www.skinnyisbest.co.uk
8 years ago
A Trip to Timanfaya National Park Volcanic Site in Lanzarote
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Photo credit: Denise Larkin - Timanfaya National Park Volcanic Site
I recently visited Costa Teguise in Lanzarote for a one week holiday in June 2015. Lanzarote has some interesting places for tourists and one of them is Timanfaya National Park, which is Lanzarote's volcano site. The volcano last erupted in the year 1824 and it became a national park in 1968. Read more...
Photo credit: Denise Larkin - The views on the way into Timanfaya National Park
Timanfaya is a volcanic area in Lanzarote. Many tourists visit here during their holidays just like I did. The trip starts in the morning and you are, usually, back at your hotel by 2 pm.
Photo credit: Denise Larkin - An usual picture of some of the sites at Timanfaya
We traveled by coach to Timanfaya and the whole trip cost us 20 euros per person. There is a detailed commentary about the volcanic area and Lanzarote, which was very thorough and informative in my opinion.
Photo credit: Denise Larkin - Timanfaya National Park
The trip includes a stop to the volcanic area to watch short demonstrations about the volcano and its history. Lanzarote has quite a bit of breeze, so be prepared, because it is much chillier at Timanfaya National Park than anywhere else in Lanzarote.
Photo credit: Denise Larkin - A demonstration at Timanfaya National Park
There are a few more stops on this coach tour. The first one is a stop for some lunch at the El Diablo restaurant, (which you have to pay for yourself) and the second one is to see the camels. Two people can sit on a camel, which costs extra at 4 euros per person.
The last stop is visiting a wine tasting factory. The wine there is sweet and delicious. I bought a red bottle of wine for 10 euros whilst I was there. We drank the wine in the evening with our meal at the hotel and it was so tasty that I wished I had bought another bottle.
Photo credit: Denise Larkin - A demonstration of the volcano
Photo credit: A camel ride at Timanfaya National Park
I thought the whole trip was very worthwhile and interesting. There will, also, be many photo opportunities, so make sure you have a camera with you because the coach driver will stop the vehicle so that everyone can take pictures. Some of the sites at Timanfaya are very unique and picturesque that you will definitely want to be there to see for yourself.
Photo credit: Denise Larkin - Timanfaya Volcanic Site
Have you ever been on a cruise? I have and it was my first cruise ship holiday. Learn more about my cruise experience. The Caribbean's Independence of the Seas Cruise Ship taken by Denise Larkin
Photo credit: Denise Larkin My blog will give handy travel tips, travel reviews on excursions, restaurant reviews, hotel reviews and all kinds of holiday destinations around the world that I have personally been to and seen. I will also write about places that I have discovered in the United Kingdom, such as, castles, museums or anywhere of interest that I have explored. There will, also, be pictures and videos of the places I have seen and experienced. Hopefully, this blog will help others to decide on a holiday destination or a hotel they are thinking of staying in or even an excursion that you would like to book but would like more information on. Either way, my reviews will help you to decide.
Comments
Post a Comment